Newborn Session Guide
Thank you for considering me to take your newborn photos! I look forward to working with you. Newborns have very special needs and taking their photos require a little more attention so I have created this guide for you to review and prep before your session.
- Newborn sessions are done within the first 14 days of being born for several reasons: They are more likely to stay asleep and cooperate during their poses, they still like to be curled up and don’t mind being posed and their flaky skin or baby acne has not set in yet. After 14 days old, they are less cooperative and it takes a lot of time to ease the baby.
- Newborn sessions can be done at your home or my home. I will bring items to you, and I will need that open area to set up.
- Arrival time will be during the baby’s sleepiest time, usually in the mid morning.
- Make sure the room that has your most amount of light is free and clear from any obstacles, and other children, pets.
- Babies sleep best when the room is nice and warm. I will have you turn up your heater to approximately 80 degrees in that area. I will also bring a small space heater to warm blankets and alleviate air drafts.
- One of the most imperative things is to keep baby awake 2-3 hours before their session so that they are nice and sleepy. Do not feed them until right before we begin the session. When we begin, I will have you feed baby well, and this will keep baby nice and full during their session.
- Make sure your nursery or bedroom is spiffy clean so we can take photos in their new room.
- If your baby takes a binky, be sure to keep in handy. Even if baby does not intend on using one permanently, it is often convenient during pictures to keep baby calm and soothed for the 2-3 hours they will be taking photos. This is much easier than moving baby each time they need soothed. If you do not have one, I have new ones I keep on hand.
- I will be prepared with wipes, burp cloths and rags, as babies will have accidents during their sessions. Newborn sessions are often in the nude so messes are normal! All of my blankets are pre-washed.
- Your baby is working hard getting their photos taken, they will require a little more love than usual while they are modeling.
A typical newborn session is about 2 hours. After 2 hours, we all may need to take a break and cool off. We can get a lot of poses in 2 hours so after that we can evaluate how many photos we have and you can decide if you are prepared to continue. As a mother myself, I know how exhausted you are while nursing, and taking care of your new baby.
I look forward to meeting him or her!
Newborn sessions start at $385 please contact me at email@example.com. You will receive an information guide with all the tips & tricks for a successful newborn session.
To book your session easily pay with link below.
Session info & Booking
- $100 is due at booking full payment must be paid in full 3 days before the session.
- In the event that Photographer is injured or becomes too ill, or extreme weather that prevents the session from occuring, the Photographer will reschedule the event and the deposit shall be placed toward the new session. Photographer reserves the right to reschedule due to illness, weather, equipment malfunction, or other circumstances beyond their control.
- The Photographer will use Lightroom 5 and Photoshop to digitally enhance images in the following manner: cropping, blemish removal, adjusting color, contrast, and brightness. Artistic effects may be applied to the images at the Photographer's sole discretion.
Location Costs & Fees
- If there are any costs/fees associated with the location the Client has chosen for their session, Client will be responsible for those fees. The photographer will not guarantee or arrange payment on any location.
- All payments are due in full unless payment arrangements have been made. Galleries will not be processed/delivered until payment in full is received. If client has arranged a payment plan, order will be placed after the final payment has been received.
- Photographer is not responsible for any injuries inflicted upon any participating parties. Client(s) will be responsible for their children and for themselves and release photographer from any claims against their person or their business.
Copyright & Penalty
- Teresa Lopez Photography retains all copyrights to all images created during client’s session. A print release will be given with digital files to print portraits for personal use. The print release does not allow publication of your portraits (i.e. entering in contests), selling or altering of your images without the photographer’s written permission. It is illegal to copy, scan, download, print, share, alter, or otherwise steal any image created by Teresa Lopez Photography during client’s photo session.